Men’s 100% cotton light graphite T-shirt featuring a 1955 Beetle captioned Gute fahrt..!
£19.99 Size Guide
We're featuring a mid 1950s VW Beetle with the captioned ‘Gute fahrt’...which as you smart bilingual types know means 'Good journey' in German. With the VW emissions debacle being debated we thought we’d show a bit of solidarity with our VW friends (and inject a bit of fun) with this t-shirt.
A similar design has now been issued on our page on Redbubble, check out > https://www.redbubble.com/people/bigs66/shop
The plain facts:
In the early 1950s our petrol beetle had the odd backfire mainly due to poor quality fuel (as can be seen in our illustration!). Diesel on the other hand was always the ‘dirty’ fuel for tractors and trucks, until the late 1980s that is when turbo technology was widely introduced and increased engine efficiency.
And some rather more colourful, esoteric little snippets for the real enthusiast …
In the early 1930s Adolf Hitler, leader of Nazi Germany wanted a cheap, simple car that could be mass-produced and capable of travelling at sustained speeds on the new autobahn network in Germany. He contracted Ferdinand Porsche in 1934 with the project of design and building what became the iconic Beetle
Porsche and his team took until 1938 to finalise the design. The result was a rear-engined, 2 door, 5 seater car so familiar to us all
- A total number of 21,529,464 Beetles (all variants) were produced in various countries around the world and still holds the record of the longest-running and most produced car ever made.
- Quality Fruit of the Loom product
- 100% cotton – fine gauge, extra soft Belcoro® yarn
- Great to wear – with features like taped neckline for extra comfort
- Beautifully finished with twin needle stitching detail (165gm/m2)
- Highly durable, great shape retention and machine washable at 40°
- Small 'Legends' logo below neckline on rear 7.5cm.