100% Imperial – 'Great British Bikes are Imperial' T-Shirt
£19.99 Size Guide
Tools including Whitworth, BSF, BA, AF (across flats) were referred to as 'Imperial'. Our 'Imperial' T-Shirt commemorates the golden age of British engineering and manufacturing. Available in two colours, Black or Light Graphite – with a large colour screen print with that 'aged' look front and back. Both are 100% top quality Fruit-of-the-Loom cotton. Whether AJS, Ariel, BSA, Brough Superior, Francis Barnett, Greeves, James, Matchless, Matisse, Norton, Royal Enfield, Triumph, Velocette, Vincent and others – they were all Imperial (pre 1969). Limited Edition, some sizes sold out already.
...the plain facts:
In 1841 the British inventor and engineer Joseph Whitworth devised a standard for screw threads with a fixed angle of 55°. This was adopted by many railway companies in the UK and soon became a British Standard (BSW) and used throughout the British Empire
Whitworth also devised the ‘Thou’ (Thousandths of an inch) system of measure, until the 1850s a 64th (of an inch) was considered ‘fine’ engineering however industrial precision demanded more. With Feller Guages this made a massive contribution to consistent precision engineering and paved the way for Britian’s industrial dominance from the late 1850s
- Next time you reach for that ¾ inch Chrome Vanadium spanner – you’re connecting with a piece of imperial history!
100% cotton T-Shirt with same 2 colour silk screen print front and back
- Available in Black and Light Graphite, in regular fit – for that smart casual look
- Quality Fruit of the Loom T-Shirt that will wash and wash
- T-Shirt is 100% cotton – fine gauge
- Twin needle stitching detail on collar and sleeves
- Great to wear – with features like taped neckline for extra comfort
- Beautifully finished with twin needle stitching detail (165gm/m2)
- Highly durable, great shape retention and machine washable at 40°