Men’s Duster yellow T-Shirt featuring the Austin Healey 3000 in 'launch' guise
£19.99 Size Guide
Be the proud owner of an Austin Healey 3000...
…a T-Shirt featuring the aforementioned. Our illustration and colour palette heavely influenced by the amazing launch material of 1959, a real snapshot of the summer of '59 – 59 years ago. Doubtless you wouldn’t turn your nose up at the real thing, but a good one could set you back around £50,000+. These T-shirts are a precision three colour (no expense spared) silk screen print – and a real work of art. Ideal for cyclists too, you'll be spotted from miles away! Order whist we still have stock as some sizes are running low. Kids sizes too. Or our shapely women's hooded jacket in the same design.
The plain facts:
Get your 60th anniversary celebration T-Shirt now (2019)
The launch model had two (but very small) rear seats – hence the 2+2
- It was manufactured by BMC (the British Motor Corporation) between 1959 and 1967
- Big Healey, big engine – 6 cylinder 2,912cc.
- The Austin Healey 3000 replaced the Austin Healey 100-100-6 series.
- A total of just under 43,000 Mk1, Mk2 and Mk3 Austin Healey 3000 Sports Convertibles rolled off the line at BMC’s Abingdon works before production ceased in 1967
- We've seen some of the bigger sizes made into cushions - now that's a novel use of a fine T-Shirt!
- And some rather more colourful, esoteric little snippets for the real enthusiast …
- The Austin-Healey ‘brand’ was born of a 20-year (1952-1972) agreement between BMC’s Leonard Lord and one Donald Healey. At the time BMC needed Donald Healey’s sports car design and engineering experience to exploit valuable export opportunities
- The body panels for the Healey 3000 were actually manufactured at the rival Jensen Motor works in nearby West Bromwich
- Donald Healey eventually left BMC (then British Leyland) in 1968 and later joined Jensen to became their chairman in 1972
- 100% cotton – fine gauge, extra soft Belcoro® yarn (165gm/m2)
- Great to wear – with features like taped neckline for extra comfort
- Beautifully finished with twin needle stitching detail
- Highly durable, great shape retention and machine washable at 40°
- Also available in smart Women's Jacket too.