SAVE 50%: Men’s red T-shirt featuring a Triumph TR ‘Surrey Top’
from £18.99 Size Guide
Celebrate over half a century of the ‘Surrey Top’ and the TR5
Use discount code 'TR' to apply discount and get for HALF PRICE. Why not get one of each, Cornflower Blue and Signal Red. These TRs are one of car designer Michelotti's finest creations. Never let the erratic British summer weather spoil your fun! For the 1960s owners of TR4 and TR5s caught in the rain while cruising country lanes or London’s Kings Road, the solution was the fold-down quick-clip vinyl roof, known as the ‘Surrey Top’. Also available in Cornflower Blue.
- Featuring illustration of quick-clip ‘Surrey Top’ for TR4 and TR5 (and TR250)
- 100% cotton – fine gauge, extra soft Belcoro® yarn (165gm/m2)
- Great to wear – with features like taped neckline for extra comfort
- Beautifully finished with twin needle stitching detail
- Highly durable, great shape retention and machine washable at 40°
The plain facts:
- The Surrey Top was designed to be easy to take with you in case of inclement weather. You left your ‘Hard Top’ at home and stowed the fold-down vinyl Surrey Top behind the seat or in the boot of the car, then whipped it out and clipped it on if the skies opened.
And some rather more colourful, esoteric little snippets for the real enthusiast …
- The ‘Surrey Top’ name caught on – and was (still is!) often used to describe the vehicle’s detachable hard top.
- The Triumph, 6 cylinder powered TR5 was only built for just over a year, between 1967 and 1969. The almost identical (albeit less powerful) TR250 built at the same time for the US market was fitted with twin Zenith-Stromberg carburettors, rather than the TR5’s Lucas fuel injection, in order to comply with US emission rules.