60th celebration T-Shirt featuring the iconic Triumph Bonneville T120
£19.99 Size Guide
Launched at the London Earls Court Motorcycle Show in November 1958. Our illustration features rider and pillion on their 1961 Triumph Bonneville T120, resplendent in their Corker 'safety' helmets and Climax Goggles – a snapshot of a late 1950s early 60s couple. This great design is influenced by the '59 launch material and printed on a quality Fruit of the Loom garment that takes us back to a bygone era. Also available in red and navy.
- Featuring 1959 press ad-style illustration of Triumph Bonneville T120
- 97% cotton, 3% polyester – fine gauge, extra soft Belcoro® yarn (165gm/m2)
- Great to wear – with features like taped neckline for extra comfort
- Beautifully finished with twin needle stitching detail
- Highly durable, great shape retention and machine washable at 40°
- Large and XL have Twentieth Century 'Legends' logo on reverse (not sleeve)
- The T120 Bonneville was ridden by film legends Steve McQueen, Marlon Brando and Clint Eastwood on and off screen
The plain facts:
- The Triumph Bonneville T120 was launched in 1958 to commemorate Texan racer Johnny Allen and his team setting the 1956 world motorcycle land speed record at Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah.
- The Bonneville continued to be built until 1973.
And some rather more colourful, esoteric little snippets for the real enthusiast…
- Johnny Allen and his team set the 1956 world motorcycle land speed record with a spectacular average speed of 214.17 mph.
- The Triumph Bonneville T120 was an instant success in the US – not only because its popularity with film stars massively boosted its image and appeal, but because it offered a reliable, cost-effective means of transport at a time before car ownership was widely affordable.
- In the 1969 Isle of Man TT, Malcolm Uphill averaged 100 mph around the Mountain Course on a Bonneville – a first for a production bike
- Our featured T120 was the pinnacle of pre-unit Bonneville development (so says The Classic Motor Cycle, Sept 2017)
- A 21st century incarnation of the T120 has recently been introduced by Triumph – but those who love the original will appreciate our T-Shirt and Sweat Jacket and Fleecy pullover.